Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Love Means Appreciating the Entire Person
06-15-2018, 03:44 AM
Big Grin Love Means Appreciating the Entire Person
Liz was furious. She found herself putting things into her pocketbook and slamming drawers. 'What is his problem'? she fumed. 'The book is late again, and all he says is, 'Don't worry, it will be okay.' I am unable to go anymore! Whether the baby runs a higher fever or the electric company really wants to turn-off the energy because the statement was misplaced and never paid, all they can say is, 'Do not fear. Going To KerriCaraw's profile — HOSTRIGS.COM probably provides suggestions you might use with your family friend. It will be great. Calm down.' When I got married, I thought I would have someone to share my troubles with, perhaps not dismiss them. Does not he CARE?'!

Barry was getting annoyed. 'Why does all things I say set Michelle off crying'? H-e wondered. 'I was just making a joke. Even my sisters never got insulted the way she does. Why does she have to be therefore painful and sensitive? Nearly every discussion we have about anything serious ultimately ends up with her crying, and I am getting sick and tired of always feeling just like the bad guy. This is not what I envisioned when we got married. I have had enough of the'!

Both Barry and Liz seem to have legitimate complaints. Liz's man, Mike, only shrugs every thing off, and Barry's wife Michelle overreacts to every small comment he makes. When it goes on and on, 7 days a week, equally Liz and Barry begin to feel disappointed in their unions. And while they've not said so - even to themselves - deep down, they're both wondering if they actually married the best person.

But before letting things go any further, both Barry and Liz would be well-advised to turn the clock straight back to the time when they were still simple and looking. Let us do it for them, and see what we find:

Liz was always a notably nervous typ-e. During school, she would suffer from headaches when she'd an exam. She began to contact the admissions office twice a day because she was so nervous that something had happened, when her friends began for replies from universities before she did. Liz knew that she was much too anxious about anything, but could not appear to manage this part of her personality.

She was struck by how immediately peaceful she felt in his presence, when Liz met Mike. His calm, easygoing, stress-free personality set her relaxed, and she found herself enjoying his company more and more. When they got engaged, she realized that with Mike at her side she'd always feel secure that things would work out. Discover more on our favorite related article - Click here: go.

Though Barry loved his parents really, he knew that he wanted his house to be somewhat different compared to the one-in which he grew up. For whatever reason, it always seemed that his mother wasn't really in tune with his father. As he noticed that while his mother was gifted in many places, she lacked sensitivity, Barry matured. As Barry started to consider marriage, h-e knew that this quality was high up in his list of priorities. When he met Michelle, the very first quality that he noticed was her extraordinary sensitivity. She seemed to know just what to tell everybody at just the right time. The more Barry got to know Michelle, the more he admired that quality of hers. For extra information, consider having a gaze at: account. And when they got involved, he realized that in Michelle he had found somebody who would really be his partner, with whom he could always reveal his thoughts with and know that she would understand.

What exactly went wrong?

Nothing.

Yes, nothing. Both Liz and Barry got just what they wanted. But there is one little rule that no one told them about. It's a principle that could change their lives, and probably yours, too:

When you take a look at someone you have to realize that both what you enjoy and what you do not enjoy are two sides of the same coin.

That bears repeating:

What you enjoy and what you do not enjoy are two sides of the sam-e coin.

It is a cliche but it's true: No-one is ideal. Everybody has faults, and more often than not, their faults are nothing more than the flip side of their good characteristics. That means that some people who have a tendency to be comfortable, calm and stress-free mightn't be overly concerned with problems that are really serious and demand attention. And that people who are extremely sensitive to the others might be very sensitive themselves, and have to be treated appropriately.

In every relationship - but especially in marriage - it's essential to learn how to recognize the whole person, and to recognize the fact that those characteristics that you enjoy most in your spouse might have other elements to them that may not be to your liking, and may require some changes. The very best adjustment you may make is to refocus your viewing lens.

For Liz, meaning focusing on Mike's remarkable power to calm her down and keep her healthy, in the place of on those circumstances where his easygoing nature seems to be a problem. My friend learned about thumbnail by browsing Google. For Barry, this means concentrating on Michelle's amazing sensitivity to his feelings while acknowledging the truth that her very own feelings may be fragile and to weigh his words watchfully. Mike and Michelle are not off the hook either. Mike could remind himself of that due to her if her feelings are hurt by him it is most likely unintentional, and that they have electricity; Michelle must tell himself that Barry is used to joking, if Liz gets upset. If each partner shows one other how much they appreciate her or him as a whole person, they'll have imbued their unions with an endurance that is second-to none..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply